By: Farah Elhadidy
Pizza is one of my favorite foods and funny enough my 4 year old son can have it all day everyday, apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!!!
This pizza recipe is a staple in our household... it's simple, delicious and nutritious! Best part is everyone loves it, kids included. Knowing that my son can eat real whole foods with every bite is a big win!
This recipe take only a few minutes to prepare and will be ready in no time!
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cooking time: 12 Min
Yields: 1 serving
· 1 wholegrain tortilla. (If gluten free use a brown rice tortilla)
· 2 tablespoons of pizza sauce – You can make your own or buy one that has no added sugar.
· Shredded cheese of choice
· Dried oregano for sprinkling
· Salt and pepper
· Toppings of choice; olives, broccoli, banana peppers, red peppers, garlic, onion, salami... etc.
My son likes his plain or with olives so I offer veggies on the side.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place tortilla on a baking sheet and place in oven – 2 mins to allow crust thaw and harden a bit
3. Once tortilla has started to slightly crisp on edges, remove from oven
4. Place sauce, then add toppings of your choice, do not overload the crust
5. Next place cheese and sprinkle dried oregano, salt and pepper on top
6. Cook for 10 mins or until cheese is bubbly.
What’s your kid’s favorite toppings? Be sure to tag us in any pictures you post #thehappylunch