Chocolate Chia Pudding
By : Farah Elhadidy
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
A great treat that is packed with nutrients.... this chocolate pudding like no other. Made using chia seeds, a tiny seed with big effects! Chia seeds are anti-inflammatory, and have high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids. They also contain fiber, calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, zinc and protein. You can use the whole seed; they absorb up to 10 times their weight in liquid and are readily absorbed by your body. What better way to use them than to add some chocolate to the mix?
This desert is gluten free and can be prepared vegan and nut free
1/3 cup chia seeds
1 1/2 cup milk (almond, coconut or cow)
2 tablespoons raw cacao
3 tablespoons raw honey or pure maple syrup ( adjust sweetness to your liking)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the chia seeds in the in a food processor or blender. Blend at high speed for 2-3 minutes, until chia seeds are ground.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend again for 2 minutes.
- Pour into individual containers or bowls.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve plain or topped with your favorite toppings, like: fresh berries, cacao nibs, coconut shavings or some hemp seed.